Monday, November 25, 2013

Some More Baby Sewing

My sister had a baby.
Since I had to mail the gift, I thought I'd make something small.
A tag blanket it was.
 
 
The top layer here is flannel which I received from a friend.
The ribbon is all from my stash--from when I used to do a lot more scrapbooking and card making.

 
And, the back is some quilting cotton--'Off to the Rescue by Becky Taunton for Newcastle Fabrics.'
This fabric I bought at the Fat Quarter Shop quite a while ago, but it fit perfectly with the rescue vehicles on the flannel!

 
I cut two 8" x 8" squares, basted the ribbon in place, then sewed them with right sides together, leaving a hole for turning.
Turn, press, and top-stitch. Done.
I sent one off to my new nephew--the other one may go to a friend's new baby unless I sew something else for him....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!